iPad 'Sorry our store inventory doesn't match 'In-store pickup'!!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by magbarn, Nov 1, 2013.

1. magbarn macrumors 68000

Stayed up till 12 AM today. ordered 128gb space gray ATT, got confirmation around 10 AM that iPad was ready. Drove >1 hour to Rancho Cucamonga Apple Store. When I got there waited 30 minutes and I got a reply from the 'blue shirt' 'I apologize, but our store inventory doesn't match the Pick up in store inventory.' WTH!!! Anyone else get this?! The only offer was they would have it shipped to me. Of course, I'll be behind everyone else that just picked to have it shipped to their house. Very disappointed in Apple today...

2. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

You should've just picked another laptop while you were there. By the looks of your sig you're falling behind.

3. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Yeah, it wasn't working very well today. My experience was not entirely glitch-free and I've read several other stories as well. The blue-shirt that helped me was hoping Apple's new VP of Retail would get it working more smoothly.

4. magbarn thread starter macrumors 68000

Well, after waiting awhile and explaining how far I had to drive, Hector, our SA, called some higher ups and really hooked up me up. 1. He got me an unsold Sprint 128gb model 2. provided a free ATT nano sim 3. Made my smart case free! Props to Hector and the rest of the Rancho Cucamonga, CA Apple store staff!

PS My 'Sprint' iPad Air activated my ATT nano sim fine on a prepaid account!

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Glad to hear it worked out in the end. Thankfully, we had a smooth experience. Got to the store and they had two lines, one for pickup and one for walk in, and waited maybe ten minutes before we were helped. (The walk in line was considerably longer) Our iPad was waiting for us with a sticker on it with our name! It was nice to see that they had specifically set aside our iPad for us. The amount of work that goes into organizing the in store pickup is quite mind boggling. While I feel for those who ran into glitches, overall I'm amazed there aren't even more!

6. Macalway macrumors 68000

I called ahead and a they told me not to worry, so I left it like that like a fool, instead of making them actually check. I'll have to call again when I finally go to pick it up as I don't feel like driving for twenty minutes there and back, not to mention the hassle of a Mall

I'm glad I read this.

7. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Similar story but the manager placated me by handing me a Smart Case for free. Glad it ended well for you.

8. comatose81 macrumors 6502a

This happened to me last year with the mini release. I didn't get any help, though, just told to come back in a few days after their next shipment came in.