sorry..pwnage question. should be easy

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Speedracer04, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

alright, i have a 2g iphone on 2.0 and a legit ATT contract...all i want to do is jailbreak, but i dont want the custom logos that pwnage puts on so i have to use expert mode:

using pwnage 2.0.1 i get to the menu screen with all the different catigories...the first is "general"..i uncheck activate iphone...because since im legit it will activate like normal right?

what is this "disable partition wipeout"? and do i want to leave it checked or uncheck it?

next is the bootneuter settings, i just unchecked the entire thing...i dont need bootneuter because im not unlocking

next is cydia settings, i downloaded openSSH so i can ssh onto my phone once the jailbreak is complete

next is custom package settings, just left cydia installer checked...

finally is the custom logo settings, where i unchecked both.

is this correct? basically i dont know if i should leave checked or uncheck the "disable partition wipeout" box...

and i know after all this i hit "yes" im a legit iphone user..

2. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

Finally, someone who has done their research well but has an honest question!

;)

Partition wipeout is for zeroing your phone before the software reinstall. It should be used if you're selling your phone to make sure an unscrupulous buyer can't retrieve your data. You should check the disable box.

The rest of your analysis should be OK for your needs and, after you've correctly put your phone in DFU mode and option-restored your custom firmware, you should be good to go. There ought not to be any problem restoring your settings but I tend to set my phone up anew each time I update the software, just in case there's a conflict.

Also, there will be a few updates to Cydia when you first start it. Just follow the instructions.

Finally, you should change your root and mobile passwords as, with ssh installed, anyone who can find your IP address could login if they wanted to.