Sorry to be random, but are there any airline pilots about?!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by R-41157, Mar 21, 2008.

1. R-41157 macrumors member

Hello!

Im currently considering starting training for my fATPL so I am wondering if there are any pilots frequenting this forum that I could PM and pick the brains of???

thanks in advance!

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I'm not a pilot, but I did spend the night at a Holiday Inn Express last night... so go ahead and ask me anything.

Actually, IJ Reilly is a very knowledgeable pilot -- at least in terms of private aircraft. I'm sure he'll be along shortly to help you out.

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

I'm not, but I know more than enough about it as I work for Lufthansa. Depending on where you live, though, my knowledge might not be able to help you. Ask away and find out.

4. Eclipse278 macrumors regular

5. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

My wife is an airline pilot. She flies the 320.

I fly for the private sector.

6. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

My thoughts exactly. Anytime the topic of aviation pops up in a thread I always rely on IJ Reilly's input to give a great perspective.

Although, being the wonderful community MacRumors is, I'm sure there are plenty of great pilots here that could answer your questions.

7. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

It *is* really amazing the depth of experience on this board. I've never really seen any question go unanswered.

8. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Thanks, but I'm just a private pilot without any ratings. If the OP is working on an ATP he's probably way ahead of me in terms of hours and experience. Depends on what he wants to know, I guess.

9. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

I find that this sort of thing is really dependent on the personality of the pilot. I know private pilots (even students and non-pilots) that love aviation and soak up every morsel of information available, and I know ATPs that had no goal but to fly an airliner in the shortest possible time and minimal amount of effort. I guess I'm saying that the most valuable information doesn't necessarily always come from the most qualified person.

I wish I personally could help more with this thread, but my understanding is that flying the line outside the U.S. is very different than it is here.

10. Baron58 macrumors 6502

Not airline, but I am a CP-ASMEL-IA, FI-ASE. What would you like to talk about?