Sorry to say this: Nate True's release is better than the dev release

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bbplayer5, Jan 30, 2008.

1. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Not only is it easier to install, it works better. None of the "Dev" releases allowed apollo or mchat to connect. Nates method, though a little scandalous, works perfectly without a hitch.

2. zetsurin macrumors regular

That may be true (haven't tried any of them) but his release appears to have splintered the scene and created a lot of confusion which is disappointing.

3. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

Its the only one that allows Apollo and mChat... so Splintered or not, he did well. They should obviously reconcile their differences and let him back on. He did a better job on the release (even if he didnt do all the programming etc).

4. jeffmc macrumors 6502

he still went against his friends and co-workers and released something too early as it was littered with bugs.

it's great that those two apps work, but that reasoning doesn't mean it is better by a long shot

5. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

Right, but forgive and forget. Happens again, black ball him.

6. zetsurin macrumors regular

Anyone who nicks Zibri's good work and slaps his own paypal links on his page sounds like a nob. Ok, he did a good job with the packaging and all, but if he didn't personally do the hack, he should have known his place and not launched it prematurely - something that was obviously done for a grab at fame at the expense of stability for a lot of users' phones.

7. cdavi060 macrumors regular

since nates is so great why does summerboard not work with it? I'm going to downgrade yet again unless someone knows how to get summerboard to work.

8. jeffmc macrumors 6502

oh don't worry summerboard is stupid, and who actually uses DRM music/ringtones?

but hey, at least apollo works ;)

9. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

Doesn't Nate's Jailbreak break something required for the SDK apps?

10. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

11. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

Forum posts.

12. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

Anyone figure out the space problems and Apollo issues with the dev release? Thats the only thing stopping me from using it...

13. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Actually people have all kinds of problems with his release.

14. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

Anyone know how to move your apps to another partition? I saw it on hackint0sh.org somewhere, but now i cant find it... also, anyone get apollo working at the dev release?

Thanks.

15. vanc macrumors 6502

For me, dev team release is far better than NateTrue's. With NateTrue's JB, I tried upgrade from 1.1.1 and 1.1.2. and my iPhone could not remember passwords (mail, WiFi). It's a great pain. After using dev team's release, all these problems are gone. The iTunes sync in dev team's release was fixed by a simple script. And everything else works like a charm.