Carrier sorry, wrong forum. was: No CDMA/Verizon bands in AT&T iPhone 7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bumpylumpy, Sep 7, 2016.

1. bumpylumpy macrumors member

EDIT: Oops, wrong forum! :( Anyone know how to move a post after its' been posted?

So looking over the Tech Specs page on Apple's just-posted website on the iPhone 7, it appears that they are explicitly leaving out the CDMA bands on the AT&T model iPhone 7. This is different than the iPhone 6, when they actually included the CDMA bands so an AT&T iPhone 6 could be used on Verizon once it is unlocked. (In fact, that's what I'm doing with mine right now.)

So it appears at first glance that the iPhone 7 models A1778/A1784 are intentionally disabled this time around. If you need full flexibility to go on both AT&T and Verizon, you'd need to get the A1660/A1661 versions. Am I reading this correctly?

I wonder why the change. I thought by now Apple would just make all of their iPhones world-compatible.

I'm guessing when the "SIM-free" version comes out, it will look more like the A1660/A1661 versions.

2. mjcxp macrumors regular

At least both versions have Band 30. Ideally the Verizon model will be the one to purchase. It looks like you will need a Verizon account to purchase one though.