Sort album by track number

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NZed, Oct 13, 2015.

1. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

For example, the Justin Timberlake album, which I imported from a CD has featuring artists on certain tracks.

I cant set this album to sort by track number unless I change all the artist name to JT right?

Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

One way to do it is to add his name to the "album artist" field in the get info panel and sort your song list by album artist.

That is not the same as the "artist" field BTW.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

This is easily solved and newer albums are coming from iTunes in the following way.

Edit the album title so the feat artist is in brackets after it and then delete the feat artist from the artist section.

4. NZed thread starter macrumors 65816

NZed

This worked! Thanks!

Thats a good point. Thanks!

5. DavoteK macrumors 6502

My preferred method also.

6. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I believe Apple has always put featuring artists in ()'s and []'s, but it's been a long time since I've used iTunes to buy music. The problem is that a track like, "My Love" which fits elegantly on the display screen, will then not only have to scroll a couple of times to fit all the featuring info, but it'll look horrible as you browse through your list of songs whether you're on an iOS device or on the computer. That album in particular has a lot of complexity in the track naming to begin with, and it's not the only one.