Sort of dropped my MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by k12123, Mar 23, 2011.

1. k12123 macrumors newbie

I was woking on my desk with my laptop to my side. I was writing on a textbook and when i finished, i was going to put my book away when the edge of the book was caught under my laptop. The book lifted the front part, the one with the trackpad, but but side of the screen stayed flat on the desk, about 4-5 inches and quickly i put the book out of the way and the front side dropped 4-5 inches on the desk. I dont detect any damage at all. Should i stop worrying or get it checked? Thanks.

2. DrHiggsBoson macrumors newbie

Well, I'm having trouble visualizing what you are talking about, but it sounds like your notebook was pulled up 5 inches, then it came back down to the desk. I don't think this would really do any kind of damage at all. I wouldn't worry about it, unless it's going to bother you until you get it checked.

3. k12123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Basically, it just lifted one side of the laptop, like a ramp or a drawbridge. When i took the book away, it dropped on the desk. Thanks for the quick response.

4. k12123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Also, if i dont see any physical damage at all, if for some reason something needs to be replaced, would it void the warranty?

5. DrHiggsBoson macrumors newbie

Yeah, if that is what happened I wouldn't be worried at all. Good thing it didn't flip it off the desk, that's when you start having problems! ;)

6. k12123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you! hahaha i'm so worried cuz i just got it 3 days ago lol

7. kushed macrumors regular

i cant imagine anything wrong with it, what kind of HD do you have?