sorting apps on Apple Watch is driving me NUTS!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by lars666, Jun 9, 2015.

1. lars666 macrumors 6502a

Hi everybody,

just got my Apple Watch and I am trying to sort the home screen the best way possible (for my preferences). I'd like to create something like in example three:

http://www.imore.com/top-5-tips-help-you-organize-your-apple-watch-apps#slide2

However, trying to do so is driving me insane as every move of an app automatically moves up or down the app above/below and always switches the whole thing. I can't figure out how to create free spaces between the apps - like in the example where for the example the watchface icon independently stands alone in one row. Hope you understand what I mean - non-native speaker here and difficult to explain ...

I'm feeling like an idiot at the moment. What do I do wrong? Any help would be appreciated, thanks a lot in advance!!!

2. eliehass macrumors regular

You can sort the apps using the Apple Watch app on your phone. It's a lot easier that way.

3. lars666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the answer, eliehass. In fact, I AM already sorting the apps on the iPhone, but still have the problem described above ...

4. Banich2 macrumors regular

You have the fill up the whole space evenly, and then remove pieces, if that makes sense. Like, if you want to make a snowflake or some sort of burst, first make a diamond shape and then remove apps to shape it.

5. Shinigami301 macrumors regular

Shinigami301

It is a little frustrating, at first. Practically like a puzzle game. But, once you figure out how to form "nodes" it gets easier.

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i wanted to arrange it so all apps were viewable in the screen at once, without having to scroll or zoom around. i found that stacking them 4 in a row, then 3 on top, then 4 again on top of that, is my favorite way. therefore, all 4 icons fit on the screen on normal zoom and i can just scroll up to see the rest. i also group the native apps by themselves, the ones i use most circled around the clock icon.

7. lars666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the additional hints. I already got better in sorting, will keep on trying! :)

8. Banich2 macrumors regular

it's like Jenga