Sorting iTunes Music Library

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by gw0gvq, Oct 31, 2017.

1. gw0gvq, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017

gw0gvq macrumors 6502a

gw0gvq

I have quite a few Music Albums in iTunes. The thing is Id like them in alphabetical order of the Artis . How do I do this please ? with all the are tis by the same name together. RESOLVED

2. Boyd01 Moderator

Boyd01

Staff Member

Maybe I don't understand? You should be able to simply choose View > Sort By > Artist from the menu bar. This will sort by the artist's first name however and I don't think there is any way to sort by their last name.

3. gw0gvq thread starter macrumors 6502a

gw0gvq

I thought that to , but in VIEW sort By Artist is not an option on mine. heres a screenshot below. Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 15.59.11.jpg

4. Boyd01 Moderator

Boyd01

Staff Member

Where did your albums come from? Did you rip them yourself? Did you add metadata?

5. gw0gvq thread starter macrumors 6502a

gw0gvq

6. phairphan macrumors 6502a

phairphan

I suspect that you are in the "Recently Added" view of your library. "Sort By" doesn't appear as an option in this view. Click on "Show Sidebar" under view. You will now be able to see the multiple views of your library: Recently Added, Artists, Albums, Songs, etc. If you click on almost any of the views, except Recently Added, and then go up to "View," you should see the "Sort By" menu option.

7. gw0gvq thread starter macrumors 6502a

gw0gvq

Thanks I also discovered another way, 'by search' if you put the name of the artist or group it will show you all their tunes.