Sorting problem in Contacts

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by theslaz, Jan 4, 2012.

1. theslaz macrumors 6502

Got a new iMac for xmas. Imported all my contacts from my PC to the iMac. Everything didn't go as planned there; but I was able to correct the problem by just importing from my iPhone 4.

The problem I have now is that the contacts are not sorted in alphabetical order. They were when I imported them; But I added birthday information for all the contacts; and in doing so; I had to add a bunch of new contacts ( young children that weren't in the contact list ); now; these new additions are not sorted properly.

Is there a way to get these new contacts sorted?

2. theslaz thread starter macrumors 6502

Solved the problem; but I don't know why; just how!!!

Went into Microsoft's Outlook for mac and turned on Sync services in order to have all my contacts from the address book merged into Outlook. This worked successfully. When I went back to the Mac address book; all my contacts were sorted properly. Why I don't know; but I am happy!!

My personal opion is that the Outlook Address book puts the Mac address book to shame. Guess which one I'll be using!

3. eric/ Guest

eric/

I had a huge problem once I bought an iPhone syncing my contacts properly. I wish Apple would integrate the address book and calendar programs into the mail program instead of making them three separate programs. Outlook is much better with this, but I can't get everything to sync with my iPhone and iCloud properly while using it. :(