Sorting WebApps and Home Screen links with OS3.1 and iTunes9

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Uabcar, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Uabcar macrumors 6502

For those that have download the OS and iTunes updates- does the new functionality that that enables you to re-sort the icons provide allow you to move old style WebApps (and any other home screen bookmarks) in addition to the App Store apps? I ask because when I look at the apps tab in iTunes 8.x I don't see the non-app store icons. I was also not able to sync the ones i had on my Touch with my new iPhone when I got it either. Maybe there is a setting somewhere that makes these things visible to iTunes?

2. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Yes, it works fine for me:

[​IMG]

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

This is cool. First screen shot I've seen of how it works. Definitely an improvement over how we had to do this before.

4. Uabcar thread starter macrumors 6502

Great- your MacRumors icon (MR as you've labeled it) is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. That's a home screen icon that points to the website- one that you created- not downloaded from the app store. So you can move that icon to whatever page you want it on like everything else.

Of course I'm once of those folks with 100+ icons mixed up all over the place. I can't wait to get this junk organized tonight.

thanks for the reply.

5. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

Just finished doing the upgrades. Very nice, finally it is not painful to sort my apps which I am pretty anal about.

6. TheShocker macrumors member

My app reorganizing pane isn't showing up in iTunes 9. Only the pane on the left listing them off. Anyone else having this problem? Do I need iPhone OS 3.1 for this?

7. macinhand macrumors regular

macinhand

8. Uabcar thread starter macrumors 6502

yes- I believe you need both iTunes 9 + the OS3.1 to take advantage of this.

9. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Will it work on a "themed" jailbroken phone?