SOS Beep How to Flash SMC

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ichbins72, May 18, 2013.

1. ichbins72 macrumors newbie

Hi

My Macbook 13" Mid 2010 (8,1) was showing a picture dia show. Then the Battery Power was low and it going into the sleep mode.

The next day, i plug into the power adapter and want to boot up the macbook. But it beeps the SOS Code 9 Beeps - 3 short, 3 long, 3 short beeps.

I try to
    - Change the memory modules -> same error
    - Remove the memory modules -> long beep, long beep
    - Create a firmware restore CD and press and holt the power button
    The Restore CD is not the right one, i know, but i cannot find the cd for 8,1 Macbooks. So try it, but no success. It start to read the disc, SOS code, then it put out the CD.
    - SMC PVR Reset -> all keyboard possibilitys i try. -> same error
    - Remove the Battery and work with power Adapter -> same error
    - Create an OSX Lion Recovery USB Stick -> same error
    - Remove the Harddisk -> same error

So.. i cannot believe, that only why the power was gone, the mainboard is broken/defect. I think the SMC should be reprogrammed.. but how?

The Firmware-Updates are pkd files, which i decompress and burn the files on a CD-Rom. Also no luck.

I think it must exist an possibility to burn the SMC Flash. Like the old recovery-CD's. Why they d'ont have it for the newer MAC's?

I also check if exist an battery on the logic board. But i cannot find it.. so it must be one of the little pieces on the board, whitout an possibility to remove it.

On Youtube and Google they are a few others, they have the same Problem. But the have no other solution then to change the mainboard /logic board.

Thanks.

2. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

What does "Change" mean... Brand new memory modules or you just swapped existing memory to different sockets?

3. ichbins72 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have try to
    user only one of two modules
    upper bank or bank bottom
    then i take one 2 GB from another Macbook Pro

Always the same results.
    With Memory - in every combination -> SOS Code
    Wihtout Memory -> 1 x long, 1 x long

Regards