SOS Can not boot into osx and I have tried everything

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sknikos, Jul 4, 2008.

1. sknikos macrumors newbie

Please help. I have a MacBook Pro CD2 17". Today I tried to boot it but I ended up with a black screen and keyboard light on. I forced shutdown my mac and I rebooted. The same think happened again. I tried to start in safe mode but no luck. I started verbose mode and the only think that looked strange was the message display family specific matching fail. (i checked the disk in single user mode but it is ok). I thought of hardware problem but I have boot camp in my mac. So I used it and Vista booted succesfully. Vista does not report any hardware problem. I have to say that the computer starts normaly but the moment it tries to enter the graphic enviroment (after the gray screen with the apple) the screen turns black. I tried to reset the pmu but no luck.
    If somebody can help please do. I am in a small island, I do not have access to my Leopard Disc, I have an extremely important task to do in the weelend. My OS is 10.5.4. The issue appeared today so it is not releated ( I think) to the update.
    thank you

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Are you sure you installed Vista "correctly"? Did you follow all of the steps listed on the PDF Apple provides when installing Windows? The reason for my question is because if the steps are not followed properly your Mac OS X partition will get deleted immediately and you will need to fully reinstall OS X with the install disk.

3. sknikos thread starter macrumors newbie

Reply on Vista install

My Vista installation is 5 months old. Both OS coexisted without problem since day 1.