SOS help me please

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kazbat, Jul 14, 2012.

1. kazbat macrumors newbie

Hi everybody
    I need urgent help )))
    Apparently my last and old laptop gone crazy and now is dead (not yet buried) ((( but on the other hand I’m going to buy new one! My bereavement is going well enough.
    My work is travelling a lot sometimes up to 100%. This put restriction on weight with me. Also I do have my work laptop (Dell Latitude) and I need something small and nice. Couple days before I decide to buy MBA 11.6 inch customized (i7; 8 RAM; 128Gb SSD). Then I took a walk in the Apple store to see & touch it (yes I love feeling this sexy thing in my hands… sorry for fetish); as a result my eyes was caught by new rMBP and I felt myself “in love with that thing”!
    Consultant said: "since you have bad vision (couple years ago some guy in Africa tried to cut my eye) - you should buy either MBA 13.3 inch either rMBP".

I’m very scared to lose my vision (((( and I want to know which screen is the less harmful for eyes?

Now I’m in doubt what shall I do? And I’m short in money (I have been married for three times and I pay alimony for ex-es with child support ).

I will use my apple laptop for typing in MS Word (Excel), preparing MS PPP and pdf files, browsing Internet, watching movies and downloading from piratebay (since it is not restricted in South America and Africa – regions were I travel a lot). Almost forgot I rarely play Rome Total War (2005) & Shougun 2 Total War (2010). In addition I will install Win 7 either 8

Any advice will be useful, many thanks indeed Kazbatus.

2. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

With your use MBA is enough.
    rMBP would be too much for what you listed.
    MBA 11in would do the job.

Win7/8 would work fine, internet surfing, etc would do fine on MBA.
    The vision is depending on the user.
    Just be careful not to use it in dark places and dont overly use it for continuous hours.

There is no "which Mac screen hurts your eyes" its all depended on the user.

And about the piratebay, that violates the forum rules so Im not going to talk about that.

3. Lindono macrumors member

No, do NOT get the 11in MBA if your eyes are bad. Pixels will do nothing for you, but a small screen would do even less. You need all the screen real estate you can get to compensate for poor vision. Resolution will have no effect. I'd suggest a 15'' MBP (non-retina) at a minimum.

EDIT: If you want to go with an MBA though, remember, biggest size you can get. 13'' at a minimum, although I still believe the 15'' MBP would be better for you.

4. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Even if your visions bad, but if you can still see for 11in, I say no problem.
    My eyes are bad but I use my 11in with no problem.
    Bigger screen estate is good but since he is limited on cash, I say 13in.