SOS my ibook will not start!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by fangjiang, Nov 18, 2007.

1. fangjiang macrumors newbie

Hello all, this is fang from belgium and i'm new to this site.

i have a 4-year old ibook that runs osx10.4 or earlier. I installed osx leopard (from upgrade dvd) on my ibook this morning, after it finished the computer will not start !

Can somebody tell me why? What should i do?

thanks in advance,

fang

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

What do you mean by does not start? Will it turn on at all? Does it hang at the blue screen on loading? How did you upgrade to 10.5, Upgrade, Clean install, Archive?

3. fangjiang thread starter macrumors newbie

It will turn on but hang at a white/blue screen with a busy sign for ever.

I got a upgrade dvd for the iMAC i bought last week. I upgraded my imac couple days ago and it went well. so i just used the same upgrade dvd on my old ibook.

Thanks

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

5. fangjiang thread starter macrumors newbie

i don't know if i have application enhancer/logitech software installed or not...but i'm not comfortable with the command lines :( i restarted it again and i will wait. Will it ever come up?

how to go back? i guess i shouldn't have tried at all had i known there are problems.

6. fangjiang thread starter macrumors newbie

it didn't work!

i followed the instructions to delete the application enhancer, i got some error messages right after i typed 'fsck -fy /' saying that some disc sects can not be read. i typed the rest of the command and deleted the application enhancer (i'm not sure if i had them). Anyway after restart it went back to the blue screen stage.

Maybe i had installed some software for camera, not sure if it is logitech. How do i delete logitech software if i have it installed in the past?

Thanks,

Fang