SOS on Safari

Ssitu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
I think I must have messed up the settings on my MacBook Pro. My safari can't open the yahoo games - Pools. My friend has a website that he posts his music videos, I can't see the vidoes either, I can't only play the songs. He said his music videos were Quicktime. However, I have no problems when I use Firefox!

Can any of you help me out on this?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
In Safari's Preferences, check the Security tab and make sure all the Web Content boxes are ticked. What version are you using? Have you tried resetting Safari? :)

Ssitu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
Hi thanks for your reply.
I have checked the Preferences and all the boxes were checked. And I reset the Safari last night and I think I did it long time agao too. It didn't help.
My Safari is Version 2.0.4 (419.3)
:):):)

Ssitu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
Yes, you are right, I can access to the websites with my "friend" account.
What should I do? I noticed one setting difference, which was the popup blocker.

And it seems like my "friend" account runs faster!!!!! What should I do now? :confused::confused::confused::confused::(:(:(:(:(:eek::eek::eek::eek:

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Okay, well start by quitting Safari and then drag the following files out of your Preferences folder to the Desktop:

com.apple.quicktime.plugin.preferences.plist
com.apple.Safari.plist

Restart and see if it works in your main account now. :)

jczubach

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
northwest
And if that doesn't work, i just finished going through safari trouble shooting hell and this solved a corruption problem.~(user)/library/caches/safari folder--delete and restart.

Ssitu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
Unfortunately it didn't work. So I need to delete all the files in the folder Caches?

I am sorry that I am being dumb.

Ssitu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
Gosh, it works now. I cleared everything in the Caches-Safari folder...

Thanks a lot guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!