iOS Sotryboard and scroller, how do I arrange my objects?

thedon1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
I've got a storyboard with my main view. I put I scroller on the view and assign the size. How on earth do I arrange my text fields, buttons etc on the out of view space??

I know it's possible using a xib but how can I do this in a storyboard?

Thanks

Duncan C

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2008
Northern Virginia
I've got a storyboard with my main view. I put I scroller on the view and assign the size. How on earth do I arrange my text fields, buttons etc on the out of view space??

I know it's possible using a xib but how can I do this in a storyboard?

Thanks
Why is it any different on a storyboard? The IB editor for storyboards and XIBs is nearly identical.

thedon1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Why is it any different on a storyboard? The IB editor for storyboards and XIBs is nearly identical.
In an xib, I can layout a UIScrollview on to the work surface (square background) at full size and layout my objects first, this is not possible with storyboards.

How do you go about laying out your objects in the un seen space on a scroller?

Duncan C

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2008
Northern Virginia
In an xib, I can layout a UIScrollview on to the work surface (square background) at full size and layout my objects first, this is not possible with storyboards.

How do you go about laying out your objects in the un seen space on a scroller?
I haven't tackled this particular problem yet.

Could you make the outer content view as big as the extent of your scrolling view, edit your scrolling view, and then resize the outer content view?

thedon1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
OK I just saw a youtube video where it shows that if I make the view freeform and then press cmd and =, it makes the view longer!

First time I had seen that mentioned but that's exactly what I needed.

Edit: OK if cmd = makes it longer in increments, how do I make it smaller in the same increments?

Sonnestah

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2013
OK I just saw a youtube video where it shows that if I make the view freeform and then press cmd and =, it makes the view longer!

First time I had seen that mentioned but that's exactly what I needed.

Edit: OK if cmd = makes it longer in increments, how do I make it smaller in the same increments?
tried cmd -?