Sound broken?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by darkmoon12198, Feb 22, 2010.

1. darkmoon12198 macrumors newbie

Earlier today, I was watching youtube and my sound was working fine. I then closed my laptop and went to go do stuff for a couple hours. When I came back, the sound wasn't working. It isn't working with headphones nor with the internal speakers. I have turned my computer off and on, no luck. I have an aluminum MacBook, 13''. OS X 10.5.8. 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 2GB 1067 MHz DDR3.

EDIT: Fixed it! No idea how... I went into system preferences and started playin' around with the sound stuff.

2. GeneKam macrumors regular

check if there is a red light glowing where your headphones go into, thats right, don't be shy look into the port! If it is, take it to apple, you need to get that fixed, nothing you can do about it.

3. darkmoon12198 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, no, it's not that. That happened before, just had to stick a paperclip into the headphone jack for that one. It shows the volume bar, but it doesn't make the bleeps. Nothing makes a sound :(

4. GeneKam macrumors regular

aaah okay! try to use your SL DVD and see if there is any permission problems or disk issues, that actually might help. Apart from that Could be something wrong with the speakers, but i doubt both will be effected at once. I am out of ideas.