Sound Bug

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MarkW19, Sep 25, 2007.

1. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

I've just re-activated my phone with iNdependance 1.2.1, because I wanted to use the YouTube feature (I unlocked my iPhone with the iUnlock GUI app, etc.). But, ever since doing this with the new iNdependance, a strange thing has happened with the sound.

Basically, if I turn the ringer switch to Silent, and then back to Ring again, all sound output is lost from the phone - earpiece on calls, YouTube, iPod output, all system sounds/alert sounds etc. All I can do is then restart the phone and all is well, until I put it on silent again.

Also, if I leave the phone on standby (sleep) for more than about 30 secs, it's lost sound output in the same way when I wake it up!

My phone has been unlocked using exactly the same method, the only difference being before I used the previous version of iNdependance (1.1.1) and all has been perfect for 2-3 weeks!

Can anyone help?

2. MarkW19 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ringtones work, but SMS and other alerts don't. Also, the speakerphone works for calls, but not the earpiece. It's all very weird!!

Headphones seem fine.

Can anyone help? Getting a bit worried as I can't exactly get it repaired as it's in the UK!