iPad Sound burst on unlock?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by danmart, Aug 22, 2016.

1. danmart macrumors 6502a

danmart

Hi,

For the last week or so my 12.9 Pro (128GB wifi, in case that is relevant) has frequently produced a sharp burst or crack of sound shortly after unlocking the screen. It doesn't do it every time, but maybe 7-8 times out of 10. It seems to do it slightly more often when the screen auto-unlocks due to Smart Cover being opened.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm using the latest non-beta build of iOS. I'm a little concerned this is a hardware fault so I want to try and address it whilst I'm still within warranty!

Cheers for any suggestions!

2. blaine07 macrumors 68000

I can't say as to why it would be doing that, but my IPP certainly doesn't do that. 128GB/wifi as well, FWIW. Interesting though. When you drag up from bottom of screen does it show any media playing/trying to play?

3. danmart thread starter macrumors 6502a

danmart

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like a brief burst of sound, like if you insert a microphone into a live amp. I've had it over 9 months and it's just started doing this.

There's not any media trying to play that I can see.

4. blaine07 macrumors 68000

Sorry, hopefully someone else with better idea will chime in soon. :-(

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Never had this happen. If you can get it to do the sound at the Apple place, they should take care of it. Being intermittent I am not so sure.

6. danmart thread starter macrumors 6502a

danmart

I'll do some experiments to see if I can nail down the trigger factors...

At least it sounds like it isn't a common problem due to a recent iOS update.