sound card failure, graphics card failure, and USB failure. LOGIC BOARD SUCKS

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Warranty Voider, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Warranty Voider macrumors 6502

First of all, I have a Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz from October 2008. Today my sound card died. Or half died. My left speaker doesn't work anymore, and the sound card must have fried my headphones too, because the right speaker in those also doesn't work anymore (with any ipod / computer).

But this is only one of the many problems I've had with my logic board. I've had my logic board replaced twice for graphical issues, and now I'm experiencing even more issues. Every once in a while, the top 1/4 of my screen flickers black for a couple milliseconds. This happens on only the 9400. But, when I'm playing games using the 9600, it will overheat and my screen will go black and the sound will start looping. To fix this, I have to manually adjust the fan speed before I start playing. And finally, I've had some USB problems too. Whenever I plug in a USB device into my computer, it doesn't get recognized, get powered on. NOTHING happens. I have to wiggle it around for a couple minutes to find the "sweet spot" where it will connect.

All of my problems have been with the logic board.

I'm going into the apple store tomorrow. I'm pissed. I shouldn't need to get my logic board replaced every couple months.

Any suggestions? Should I ask for a new MBP all together? Should I just keep putting up with this BS? Anybody have any permanent solutions to any of the problems I've mentioned?

Thanks,
    - Jordan

2. trungthiendo macrumors regular

make your case with apple and request a replacement, not just a logic board replacement.

good luck , i'm sure they'll give you a new 15 inch pro