Sound card on a MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dawgfang, Mar 15, 2008.

1. dawgfang macrumors member

In my haste, I purchased a Creative Labs X-Fi sound card that turns out to be an expresscard 54 size and my MBP only takes expresscard 34 size cards.
    I bought this to have surround sound in games under windows. Does anyone know of an adapter or another solution for me?

Thanks

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

They still the sell the Creative Sound Blaster Live! External, but I don't think those are very good 'cause they are USB 1.1. For most things they work, but sometimes they lag when high bandwidth is needed. But it is bus powered. They make these new still.

I replaced that with the Audigy 2 NX (External) which is so much better and it works for everything, is USB 2.0, but it's not bus powered (Need separate AC adapter). Also they don't make these anymore, but you can get refurbished ones.

I find it kind of weird they don't make the Audigy 2, but they make the older Live!.

3. dawgfang thread starter macrumors member

4. dawgfang thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I know that my MBP has digital out and I have a set of Z5500s (which are incredible BTW). The MBP will do digital surround sound as is but I want a Creative sound card in boot camp to have discreet surround sound in windows games.
    Anyone?