Sound cards in new MBP's

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by snake101st, Oct 14, 2008.

1. snake101st macrumors regular

I was just wondering, has any info been released about the sound card used in the new MBP's? I dont want to buy one and be suprised to hear the same robot sounds and static that the ones out now have... the current ones are pretty bad in that way.

2. PURCELL429 macrumors member

What? My MacBook Pro does not sound like a robot. Sure, its not a high end audio system either, but I assume thats due more to the speakers than the sound card. Go get yours repaired!

3. snake101st thread starter macrumors regular

Well I havent bought my first mac yet, due to this reason and the gpus, but my friend's has this problem, and in a few threads here, there are others... hopefully itll be fine though, thanks.

4. adamsen87 macrumors member

If this has solved I will be the first to run out and buy a MBP. It's a big issue for me with the Penryn MBP's.

5. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

I wonder if it's luck of the draw? I had a MBP where I couldn't hear any static. And I've heard some Dell's that do, and some that don't (actually the one that didn't used an AMD CPU, but that might be coincidence). I heard one person say when they took apart their system and put it back together with more care about where cables were, it got rid of static. And others have said turning off Wi fi 'A' band fixed it.

So...I don't know.

6. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Well if audio quality coming form your computer means alot to anyone...and you have a few bucks to spend, try getting the Apogee Duet at any Apple store...that has wicked converters & you won't believe the playback sound of your iTunes library coming out that thing. Seriously it great and comes through your firewire port.

Its usually $400 or so.

For anyone recording music I highly recommend it!
    Can't beat it for the price.

7. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

I'd want more that $50-200 sound cards :D

In Windows the MBP can presumably use Creative's cards, but I don't think they have OSX drivers. I guess...does OS X support USB sound devices? If it does, that's another sort of option (like headphones that connect through USB or the like).