Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Xing

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
So, I'm not a developer, but I've always been a huge fan of the "slide to unlock" sound that previous iOS's would make.

Is that still around?

and what other changes to the sounds of iOS 7 has anyone noticed?

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
So, I'm not a developer, but I've always been a huge fan of the "slide to unlock" sound that previous iOS's would make.

Is that still around?

Slide to unlock still has the same sound.

There hasn't been any changes at all to the sounds.

L-Tuned

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2012

Is that still around?

The unlock sound is still the same.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
All sounds are the same.

There aren't any new UI, notification, or ring sounds.

fivedots

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
If I recall correctly, new sounds and wallpapers are usually added much later in the beta process, if not until the GM seed.

I would not doubt there will be new notification sounds added to better fit the new UI.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
If I recall correctly, new sounds and wallpapers are usually added much later in the beta process, if not until the GM seed.

I would not doubt there will be new notification sounds added to better fit the new UI.

I sure hope so. I ended up just putting BB10 sounds for notifications because it sounds much better with the UI.

beaniemyman

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2013
as far as i've seen and read, the sound is still there, but the software is still in BETA so there are chances that it may change or go away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.