Sound Check in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Malcy16, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Malcy16 macrumors newbie

Malcy16

Hi all, I decided to sound check most of my songs without reading reviews of what it did, When I read that it messed up a lot of peoples music I decided to stop the process. Is there any way to undo this and make all my songs not soundchecked anymore?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can't "mess up" music with Sound Check, since it doesn't modify the audio files. If you don't want iTunes to use it, just turn it off.

iTunes: About Sound Check

3. Malcy16 thread starter macrumors newbie

Malcy16

Ok, Sorry this is poor english! So what I meant is that when I went on iTunes on my mac I went on preferences and turned soundcheck on, iTunes then started to edit the audio levels of 8000 songs, It got about 1000 in when I stopped it because I had read online that it can make songs too quiet by accident. When I went on my iTunes and selected Sound Check to off it didn't do anything, Now are my songs back to normal or will the 1000 that iTunes changed still the same? Is there a way to turn them back if they are?

4. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

You're songs will be back to normal. Sound check only adds information in the ID3 tag of the song, it doesn't modify the sound file itself. When you turn off sound check, iTunes will just ignore the information in the ID3 tag.

All of the info about it is provided in that URL that GGJstudios provided :)

5. Malcy16 thread starter macrumors newbie

Malcy16

Thanks a lot! Problem solved!