Sound Decreased Since Update to 10.5.4

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mr-Topp, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Mr-Topp macrumors newbie

Hi guys/gals,

New to the forum,hope this is the right section :rolleyes:

Having recently updated to 10.5.4 i have noticed that the volume on my iMac has decreased.

I first noticed it when i restarted after the update and the start up 'BOOONG' was significantly lower,about 35% lower infact.

The volume bars are exactley the same place as they were before,about half way,i have a set of JBL creature 2 speakers,these were half volume before and the sound was punchy.

Now i have to turn the JBL speakers up 75% and the volume on the imac to get a half decent volume of sound out :eek:

I did google the problem,but the only results i got were from 2006 when an update in tiger had exactley the same problem.

Any advice appreciated :cool:

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I've noticed this as well. It might be a replay of what happened in Tiger. :(

3. SimonJ macrumors regular

Might I ask what are you referring to?

4. iMacmatician macrumors 601

Oh no. This better not happen to my iBook. :mad: Already I have to increase the iTunes volume by 50% to make volume levels acceptable on 50% volume (why 50%? Because sometimes I want it at 100%).

5. udamangum94 macrumors newbie

I thought my Macbook was just getting old but now I see that other people are having the same problem. Have you checked to see if the System Preferences have change the volume?

6. Mr-Topp thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats the first place i looked.

All the sound settings/slider bars have remained the same,the physical volume has decreased :eek:

7. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

8. ctshu2002 macrumors newbie

I thought it was just me- I was listening to itunes ans kept increasing the volume just to get it to the sound level to be where it was previously.

At least I'm not the only one that thinks some of these updates fix one thing and breaks another..