Sound design: Soundtrack Pro / Pro Tools...

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Soundburst, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Soundburst macrumors 6502a

Hey everyone.

Been using Pro Tools and Soundtrack Pro for my sound design forever.

However, recently bought the new 13inch MBP and upgraded to Pro Tools 10, and Lion. Logic no longer works (I must have had Logic 7 and it's not compatible with Lion). I managed to get all the Apple loops, and sound effects copied to a hard drive from old to new computer am just missing the program.

Pro Tools 10 is AWFUL , slow, freezes, everything.

I was looking to go back to Soundtrack Pro but it has been discontinued.

I guess my question is: Logic Pro 9 - does it include the soul of soundtrack pro in its core features? (i.e does it have panning, volume automation, and allow the setting of audio to imported video?)

Thanks for any help.

2. macmusician.exe macrumors newbie

macmusician.exe

It does give you plenty of options for panning, automation of most anything you want to assign automation to, and as far as audio/video it's not set up for audio/video match up. If you buy Logic Studio (includes Logic Pro 9 and MainStage 2) there is also the more live performance friendly software, MainStage 2. Logic Pro 9 is on the App Store now for only $199. Logic Studio is normally $499 in retail stores. Final Cut Pro X is another option for audio/video. There's a 30 day free trial of Final Cut Pro X. Try it out first. Final Cut Pro X

Logic Pro 9 only $199

3. bwhli macrumors 6502a

bwhli

That's strange. I have an older MacBook Pro 15", and PT10 runs pretty well on it. To answer your question, yes Logic Pro 9 does the stuff you listed, though it's not too powerful on the video side of things.