Sound difference between the 13 inch base and touch bar MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Super Xander, May 29, 2017.

1. Super Xander macrumors regular

Super Xander

Hello
    I know that the 15 inch MacBook Pro have a better or more full sound than the 13 inch MacBook Pro have, but is there any difference between the two 13 inch MacBook Pro's in form of loudness and quality? Looking at the internal in iFixit, the speakers are different form and placed.

2. caramelpolice macrumors regular

Yes, there is. I think most would say the non-Touch Bar model sounds a bit better, due to the up-firing speakers.

3. Haemorrhage macrumors member

Haemorrhage

Just watched yesterday some film, can't remember the name, the soundtrack was amazingly heard on my 13 inch tbMBP. Can't ask for more. And I'm coming from a Dell XPS with JBL speakers with subwoofer, so I know laptop sounds :)

4. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

The 15" is unsurprisingly superior to either 13".

The speakers on the 13" models are different as you point out, but in terms of which is better, it is a personal preference. Both are upward-firing, but the Touch Bar separates the highs and lows - the highs coming out the top, and the lows out of the side air vents.

5. Super Xander thread starter macrumors regular

Super Xander

Yes, it sounds correct to me. But I heard that the touch bar model has better bass as well because of this, not sure if it is true at all?

6. Haemorrhage macrumors member

Haemorrhage

My 13" 2016 tbMBP makes the French fries kinda burnt, but my girlfriend's 15'' makes 'em just about right. `so we're a happy couple after all....