Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

retta283

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 8, 2018
I've tried to take some video with my 6S, but when I play the video back on the phone or my computer the sound is very muffled. Nearly impossible to make out anything from it. I thought maybe my mics were bad, so I tried using Voice Memos. Sound came out perfectly clear. Call quality and voice dictation are perfect too. Just a video issue. Never had this happen before and it's confusing.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I've tried to take some video with my 6S, but when I play the video back on the phone or my computer the sound is very muffled. Nearly impossible to make out anything from it. I thought maybe my mics were bad, so I tried using Voice Memos. Sound came out perfectly clear. Call quality and voice dictation are perfect too. Just a video issue. Never had this happen before and it's confusing.

Are you maybe holding your fingers over the mics? Some case can cause a problem, too.

retta283

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 8, 2018
Are you maybe holding your fingers over the mics? Some case can cause a problem, too.
I am caseless, and it happens no matter how I hold it. I tried holding it in the air with 3 fingers on the back aluminum to make sure there was no obstruction. Same thing.

Lekro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2019
Voice memo uses the bottom mic. Video recording uses the mic on the back of the phone, the one is broken on your device.

retta283

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 8, 2018
Voice memo uses the bottom mic. Video recording uses the mic on the back of the phone, the one is broken on your device.
Can't be broken. I recorded video in the YouTube app and on Twitter, it uses the same mic and it sounds fine...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.