Sound Distortion from Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AnDi86, Feb 16, 2009.

1. AnDi86 macrumors 6502

Hey all, within the last couple of months I have been having some problems with the sound output on my Macbook Pro, it seems that whenever the mac hits over 80 Degrees C the sound would on occasion go all distorted, you can not listen to it. It happens in videos or listen to music in iTunes.

It tends to happen a good bit! My macbook would idle at 70+ Degrees with only some programs running like firefox, netnewswire, mail and adium! So the temperature would creep up quite quickly to 80+ if I start to do anything!

Any suggestions to solve this problem? I have the Mac on a stand to TRY and keep it cool! So goodness knows what it would run at on the desk!

2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

"smc fan control" - to help keep it cool

and the output of the mbp is known to be horrible... if you use it enough, I'd look into an external buss powered soundcard.

3. AnDi86 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeh man sorry I should have said I have it on the go too! Have the fans set to full boot all the time!

4. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

then the title of this thread shouldn't be about your sound... this is running way to hot for your level of use. My idle temp is about 40.

5. AnDi86 thread starter macrumors 6502