Sound Distortions/ Help With Itunes !!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Quasiperfectto, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Quasiperfectto macrumors member

Not sure why this is happening, but I hear a distortion on the highs and certain instruments when I download certain CD's onto my iTunes library and then listen to them on either my Bose, headphones, or car stereo. I verified my setting on my iPod, and even leveled the Sound Check option, but nothing works. Does this mean that it's better to purchased the songs directly from iTunes so it can sound better or is there another option I haven't figured out.

Also, are all the songs on iTunes remastered and sound levels automatically adjusted already?

I would really appreciate any response.

Thank you guys!

2. KettyKrueger macrumors 6502

KettyKrueger

Maybe check 'error correction' in the options.

What are you ripping too? Maybe if you're ripping to a low quality mp3 (say 128kbps) then that maybe what's causing the distortion.

At that level, to my ears drums sound terrible and distorted.

Try ripping lossless, that way you know you're getting a bit for bit copy of the CD.

3. Quasiperfectto thread starter macrumors member

Converting to 256 bit

Thanks. I do see all my recorded CDs were recorded at 128, instead of 256. How can I now convert all in the iTunes library to 256? Is it possible?

4. Quasiperfectto thread starter macrumors member

I was able to place all the itune library songs on lossless

But is still hear a slight distortion. Is there a way to further enhance the sound?

Thanks