sound does not work, bootcamp, windows xp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by zomglolz, Mar 22, 2009.

1. zomglolz macrumors newbie

My sound does not work when I use windows xp on my macbook. When I boot up in Mac Os X my sound works normal, so it is not a hardware problem.

I have however noticed that when I use XP, a red light burns in the port where headphones are plugged into. This i most likely related to my problem because the light has burned since the sound stopped working. When I plug my headphones in the port above the one with the red light I can hear through it.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Install the drivers as you were instructed to do. Put in your first Install Disk that came with your computer.

3. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Allow me to expand upon Tall's eloquent post... :p Sounds to me (and I am not saying this to be gospel) that XP is recognizing the sound port as a digital port and is expecting the optical cable to be plugged in. Hence the red light = digital signal...

Did you install the drivers off of the Mac OS disk that came with the computer after XP was done installing and working? That will tell XP that the port will work.