Sound drivers and mouse sensitivity on Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ndilo21, Aug 3, 2011.

1. ndilo21 macrumors newbie

Hey guys I'm running Boot Camp with Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) on a second partition. I'm using a late 2008 MacBook with the 2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo. I have pretty much everything working, but I'm having a couple of problems. All of my keyboard buttons work including the volume and the screen displays but I'm not getting any sound. I've tried downloading the latest RealTek drivers but still no luck. I'm also having issues with the sensitivity of the mouse, it's really jumpy and movies around a lot. I tried changing the cursor speed but it didn't help. Willing to try any suggestions that anyone has. Thanks is advance.

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

You'll get that with the mouse. I suggest a USB mouse if you've got one. I'm not quite sure about the sound though, apple may have an individual driver on their website for it.

3. ndilo21 thread starter macrumors newbie

I figured out the sound by re-downloading and installing the real-tek drivers again. The mouse thing is really annoying though. I did read something about downgrading the trackpad drivers to an older version and to fix the issue but you lose the horizontal scroll capability. Might have to look into it.