Sound Drop-Outs Over Airplay?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by geesus, Aug 15, 2015.

1. geesus macrumors regular

geesus

I was just wondering if anyone else was suffering the same issue really?

I have a Yamaha RX-V475 amp connected to my router via ethernet cable, and neither my MacBook Air or my iPhone can playback playlists without occasional sound drop-outs. They are momentary but still very distracting. If anything, the new versions of iTunes on both devices, seem to make the issue worse than before.

I used the same set-up with Spotify for years, and never encountered the issue a single time, so it blows my mind that Apple are unable to offer as stable an experience over their own streaming technology!

It's a shame as I love the service otherwise, but it is bad enough that I will have to reluctantly crawl back to Spotify after the trial ends.

On latest version of Yosemite if that makes a difference, and the latest iOS on my iPhone.

2. geesus thread starter macrumors regular

geesus

For what it is worth I resubscribed to spotify and have just Airplay-ed a night of music without issue, so I've canceled my AM sub until they sort their issues.