Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

namethisfile

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
I am writing here to find out if anyone has had or are having similar issues with their powerbook's audio dropping on and off. The problem seems to only be confined when I am using the powerbook's internal speakers. The audio is perfectly fine, otherwise, when connected to external speakers or headphones, which makes the issue a non-issue. Still, I am confused as to what is wrong with my powerbook's internal speakers. Are they on their way out? If so, why? It seems kind of a strange phenomenon considering the myriad of other things that can go wrong in a computer that it would be the internal speakers giving me problems. Regardless, I probably won't go out of my way to fix it if it is a hardware issue since I can still get audio thru the external audio jack. Nonetheless, the whole thing is just strange since it was fine one day and not the next. I hardly ever use it to begin with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.