Sound echoes on IMAC

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by anolderfan, May 6, 2010.

1. anolderfan macrumors newbie

Hi,

I just got a new IMAC running OS X 10.6.1. Let me start by saying i am not very computer savvy. When I go to an online forum where users occasionally post music videos, I click onto the video to see and hear it. An online window opens up and the video starts playing. The sound is full of echoes, and so is very distorted. When I close down the online window, the video continues playing on the forum page, and the echo is gone. How do I get rid of the echoing? I haven't yet transferred my Itunes from my old PC, so don't know whether I'll have the same sound problem.

Thanks for any response.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Maybe that is because the video still plays in the "older" window while you have it displayed in a newer window?

In short: it plays in two windows at the same time, but with a slight time difference in between.

Can that be it?

3. anolderfan thread starter macrumors newbie

Spinnerlys, Yes, that was the problem. If I click off either one, the echo disappears. Thank-you! Oddly enough, when I tried it again, the problem now seems to have disappeared. Now, when I click on that same video in the forum, the second online window pops open, where the video plays, but on the forum itself, the video goes black and a little white arrow circles in the middle of it. Seems strange to me.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

That beahviour you describe above is normal. And embedded video stops while the original is loaded on YouTube or whatever video hosting service is used.

Btw, that little triangle could be the play button icon.