Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryan.stewie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Australia
I thought I was going insane, but it turns out I'm not; I was listening to my iPod touch (3rd gen, 3.1.1) and i had the volume on absolute zero (zero via the rocker switch and the on-screen bar), and yet I could hear the song playing ever so faintly; so faintly that you need in-ear earphones and an absolutely silent room to hear it in, even then it is almost inaudible. So I plugged my iPod into my iMac and recorded the sound with audacity, then amplified it, and guess what, I could hear the music on the recording; there is a lot of static noise due to the amplification; but you can easily hear music playing: the recording is attached (you need your volume at about 50% on your computer to hear it through the loud static). Why is my iPod playing music at near inaudible levels at zero volume, I tested other iPods and they play absolutely no sound at zero; why is mine doing this??

Attachments

• iPod Zero Volume still sound.mp3.zip
    371.3 KB · Views: 42
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.