Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

linkinforcer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
Hi,

I just bought a new macbook, the one that is 1599.00, and then bought Vista Home Premium. I used boot camp to install Vista and everyhting works great! The only problem is the audio.

If I am offline I get random pops and crackles in the audio and if I am online I get about 3 secs of pops and crackles every 30-60 sec. I know that Vista runs a network scan every 30-60 sec. and that could be causing the audio issue while online.

I have searched the internet a lot in the past 2-3 days trying to find a fix for this issue. I have tried updating boot camp but when I do I have no sound at all.

I have even trying messing with the drivers for the Broadcom Wireless and the Realtek audio on the vista side and no luck.

I would really like for someone to help me with this issue because most if not all the posts I ran across delt with the macbook pro and not the new macbook.

PLus I am dieing to use the vista side for the audio and gaming I bought it for.

Someone please help any advice is welcome. And if there is a fix PLEASE post it here. I need help.

Thanks

shoulin333

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
California
i do have the MBP but i believe it is the same sound chip.. i had the same prob, realy hampered my gameplay in games

.... i went to the properties for the sound and changed the default output to 16bit instead of 32bit and it seemed to fix everything, i didnt notice any decrease in audio quality other than no more popping / skipping and games are smooth now.

i'd say give it a try, this should work for us until we get some updated drivers

zorahk

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2008
North Korea
I had the same problem in my new macbook pro. Was an easy fix, and you don't have to change the sound from 32 to 16 bit. All you have to do is download the program Vista Anti-Lag, which puts a collar on vista's scanning for Wi-Fi networks. As long as it is on, you will be fine. You can also set it to run at startup by simply putting it in your startup folder. It's just a little tray icon, nothing really to worry about.

shoulin333

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
California
I had the same problem in my new macbook pro. Was an easy fix, and you don't have to change the sound from 32 to 16 bit. All you have to do is download the program Vista Anti-Lag, which puts a collar on vista's scanning for Wi-Fi networks. As long as it is on, you will be fine. You can also set it to run at startup by simply putting it in your startup folder. It's just a little tray icon, nothing really to worry about.

erm, i'm not so sure, because i had the same probs in XP...

linkinforcer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
Thank You

Yeah so I got vista anti lag and WOW it really improves it alot makes me so happy to hear audio running like it should. Thank you so much!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.