Sound in Windows Vista (64bit) not working right under BootCamp 3.0. Help!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by DanielJr82, Sep 24, 2009.

1. DanielJr82 macrumors newbie

Last night I installed Windows Vista to run a game on here, but I got several issues. I already installed the drivers from the Snow Leopard DVD, but the problems still persist.

The issues are:

1. Sound is very very low and uneven. I have the volume all the way maxed, but the loudest it can go is less than half than the potential volume in Snow Leopard.

2. Headphones don't work. I've tried like 3 pairs of headphones and none of them work. When I plug them in, the sound still comes from the left speaker (I can barely hear the right speaker) on the laptop and not on the headphones. Also, the headphone jack is emitting a red light out of it.

3. The lights on the keyboard won't shut off. I used the F5 key to turn off the keyboard backlighting, and while it goes very dim they won't shut off.

I already tried the suggestions on this thread but none of those fixes work. I need help! Especially with the sound! Anything at all would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running a MacBook Pro 13" from June 2009, 2.26GHz Intel, 4GB of RAM, and an Nvidia GeForce 9400M. I instlled a 64bit version of Windows Vista (OEM).

HELP!!! I don't even know if GeekSquad can fix this.

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

There is a long thread already in this forum about the sound issue. I see that you tried some of the suggestions so I have none now on the sound issue.

I never could get the sound fixed on my Vista install and I noticed the same thing with the keyboard lights. I didn't want to spend anymore time on it so I installed my copy of XP instead.