Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Leonffs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Okay so I installed boot camp and windows XP SP2. For some reason my sound is not working at all. I tried going into device manager and it doesnt even list an audio driver. It also does not have anything that is not working that could be fixed (usually shows a yellow !). I tried installing both sound driver packs included with the Macbook drivers disk. (RealTekSetup and SigmaTelXPSetup). Any help would be appreciated.

Crazy Badger

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2008
Scotland
Okay so I installed boot camp and windows XP SP2. For some reason my sound is not working at all. I tried going into device manager and it doesnt even list an audio driver. It also does not have anything that is not working that could be fixed (usually shows a yellow !). I tried installing both sound driver packs included with the Macbook drivers disk. (RealTekSetup and SigmaTelXPSetup). Any help would be appreciated.

Same problem here. Any ideas? Are there updated Bootcamp drivers for the MBA?

Thanks in advance...

MM07

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Have you done the Windows update and the Apple update while in XP?

andyclhui

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2008
I had the same problem after using Microsoft Update for applying some patches. I believe one of the new fixes had overwritten the sound drivers. What I did was to re-install (update/repair) Bootcamp 2.1, and sound was back after the reboot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.