Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
I have a late '08 MBP that I'm connecting to a brand new 27" ACD (which is unbelievable by the way), and everything works great for a while. After sleeping and waking a few times, there's a massive 4-5 second lag all of a sudden only when the volume is adjusted (bluetooth Apple keyboard), and the sound is gone no matter what level the volume is set to. The sound is set to run by default on the ACD's internal speakers. Everything else on the keyboard functions fine. It's just the volume that's affected. There's no way to correct it unless I unplug all three cable connections (USB, MDP, Power) and plug them back in. If I just disconnect one (I've tried all three individually), it doesn't fix anything. Lastly, I got the updated Apple software for the monitor before I even got it home (so unless they've put out an update in the last two weeks, then I have the latest software).

Any ideas? It happens about 24-48 hours every time after a fresh connection. Sometimes it wakes functioning fine, and sometimes it has the issue. I can't think of anything to do.

Thanks as always for taking the time to answer. :)

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
Just post it in the thread. Way easier, and there's really no need to go to private messages. Someone else may need to solve the same problem. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.