Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snowcrash

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Boston MA, USA
Anyone else have an issue when the phone mute is switched to mute and you play a video there is no sound (or sometimes there is sound) and when you switch it to on (or unmute or whatever it's called lol) the sound comes on for a second then drops off. I have to pause the video and hit play again for the sound to start back up. I'm on beta 8.1 now but also noticed it on the last version as well so I don't think it's a beta issue. It's also pretty random and not constant. Sometimes happens within the crappy Facebook app, or if I'm watching a video on some site with Safari or the youtube app or the youtube site. Haven't restored or anything yet because it seems kind of like a bug and waiting it out but if I seem to be the only one who has ever experienced this I will prob do a restore and see if that helps.

Jambalaya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2013
UK
My iPhone 6 will not make any sounds for notifications (email, message etc). the sound works when you select it (ie preview) but no sound when message arrives.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.