Sound Issue

14nicholasse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2009
Santa Clara, California, USA
Hello,

I have a early-2011 model 13" mbp. The audio output sounds very tinny and compressed distorted. This has been the case for a while now; initially I thought it was my headphones, but recently I had to play through some external speakers and it sounded horrible. I am almost certain it is a hardware issue. It sounds bad both from the built in speakers and the audio output jack. I have booted from both ubuntu and lion on an external HD and the problem persists. I am still under applecare warranty, does it cover an issue like this?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

It sure does. Bring it into an Apple Store and have them look at it. The AppleCare will cover it.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Hello,

I have a early-2011 model 13" mbp. The audio output sounds very tinny and compressed distorted. This has been the case for a while now; initially I thought it was my headphones, but recently I had to play through some external speakers and it sounded horrible. I am almost certain it is a hardware issue. It sounds bad both from the built in speakers and the audio output jack. I have booted from both ubuntu and lion on an external HD and the problem persists. I am still under applecare warranty, does it cover an issue like this?
Why wouldn't it? It's obviously and manufacturing defect, which is the whole reason the warranty exists.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.