Sound Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ChuckLDJ, Mar 17, 2017.

1. ChuckLDJ macrumors newbie

I have a late-2015 27" iMac. It's a machine used for work, but I still wanted a little bit better sound than what the internal speakers provide without spending much money. I just bought some Logitech Z313 speakers. The Z313 has two satellite speakers and a subwoofer. They plug into the 3.5mm jack. After plugging them in I knew something didn't sound correct so I went to the sound preferences and checked the balance. The right satellite speaker is fine, but when I move the slider to the left all that can be heard is the subwoofer. The left satellite doesn't have any sound.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

2. chown33 macrumors 604

Maybe the speakers are defective. Try plugging into a different sound source, like an MP3 player or cell phone, even a temporarily borrowed one.

3. ChuckLDJ thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for replying. It's not the speakers. After reading your suggestion I plugged the speakers into my iPad and the problem was still there but didn't seem to be as pronounced so I did more checking on the mac and was able to resolve the issue. The main problem, apparently, is that I'm sometimes an idiot. I had made sure that the satellite speakers were plugged into the subwoofer; however, I did NOT make sure that the plug was pushed completely into the jack. Once I pushed it completely into the jack everything began working.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.