Sound issues following update.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by discocaine, Nov 19, 2007.

1. discocaine macrumors newbie

I updated my macbook pro, having restarted, my sound doesnt work. itunes wont even play, the seconds wont move. even when i press f5 to turn the sound up - it shows a little circle and bar underneith suggesting its on mute.

thus i went to system preferences > sound > output volume. it appears to be on full and mute yet its greyed out and i cant select it...

when i deselect Show Volume in Menu Bar, then select again and roll my mouse of the volume icon in the top right it simply disappears...

LOL?

all i did was update and restart like it asked! wtf...!

--- when i open garageband it says that the selected driver isn't available...?

2. Canerican macrumors regular

I had a few problems when I did an upgrade install. Put your iTunes on your iPod, and bring it back with Senuti, you can keep all your metadata. Backup you stuff and buckle down set aside 5 hours and do an erase and install. There are some things that just aren't worth troubleshooting. I spent about an hour trying to get iTunes to play, it is a sound driver issue obviously (somehow it got corrupted). You can reinstall it if you can find it somewhere, but an erase and install was best for me.