Sound issues with Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jenniferjk, Jan 24, 2012.

1. jenniferjk macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I'm new here so I'll just give a little background.
    I got my Macbook May 2006. Ever since I got it I have had nothing but issues with the screen, battery, RAM, and now this. I am using Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard. So what has happened now is to do with the sound. I've searched high and low for answers and I can't find anything exactly the same as mine. I can't hear anything on the internet. I've tried Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Opera, and I can't hear anything on Youtube videos, pop up ads, nothing. I know its not the speakers because I can hear the volume control, startup, error sounds as well as videos/music on iTunes. While searching I saw something about making another account. I enabled my "Guest" account and went on Youtube on that account and it works - I can hear everything. Only problem is I don't want to make a whole new account, i'd rather just fix the preferences and stay on my account that has everything.. so I guess my question is, why is this happening, and how can I fix it? I'm extremely frustrated and confused! If you need any other information about my Macbook just let me know. Thanks in advance! :)

2. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I've never had this problem so I'm not sure if it'll help but maybe you need to reinstall the OS? I've heard that sometimes that fixes the problem. Or you could reset the PRAM and/or SMC.