Sound missing when HDMI out to TV

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xp0z3d, Nov 28, 2012.

1. xp0z3d macrumors regular

I installed BOOM to increase sound on Macbook 2012. It works great. But when I plug in HDMI to connect my TV , audio does come out from TV but if I close the boom app then I do not get any audio out from my TV. Although in Sound preferences I do see option of Inbuilt , Boom and HDMI out with my TV name displayed , but if I select Tv as output then volume icon becomes greyed and no sound.
    Then I tried making some changes in Midi setup and audio came out of tv only if i select 44100 hz but volume icon still remain greyed out. Now I do not have problem with using boom but I will be connecting my Macbook pro to a Audio Video receiver so i want my Macbook to send out best possible sound to the receiver for movies and music. Receiver is 7.1 with Polk speakers so just do not want Boom to mess up sound.

What should I do?

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

That part is expected. You can't adjust volume levels when using HDMI output for audio. Can't speak to the lack of audio though.

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Sorry, I'm not sure why that's happening, but if you're playing out of VLC you can use the volume increase there to raise it. If you really want the best sound though, I wouldn't mess with volume boosting on the MBP, let your receiver and speakers do the heavy lifting.

4. xp0z3d, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012

xp0z3d thread starter macrumors regular

Thats what I want to do , how to restore my sound to default?

One more thing now I uninstalled Boom , but still now sound out from Tv even if TV is chosen as output in Sound preferences