sound not working

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by XrayTed, Jan 13, 2015.

1. XrayTed macrumors regular

XrayTed

Got a new computer running 8.1, sound worked fine until I tried streaming the sound via bluetooth to a bluetooth speaker. That worked fine too and it was nice to know I could stream my computer sounds to a bluetooth speaker.

So I turned off the speaker expecting sound to come out of my computer speakers but they are silent. Nothing was disconnected, not muted, it seems to want to send sound to bluetooth whether a speaker is hooked up or not, any idea what to check here ?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Go to System Preferences > Sound and switch your sound output back to your internal speakers.

3. XrayTed thread starter macrumors regular

XrayTed

wish it was that easy, system speakers are default from what I can see.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you adjust the volume after you switched? If that doesn't work, try restarting your Mac. If that doesn't work, reset your NVRAM.

5. XrayTed thread starter macrumors regular

XrayTed

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Ahh! I missed that. Since you're asking in a Mac forum, I expected you were talking about a Mac. Have you checked in Windows forums?

7. XrayTed thread starter macrumors regular

XrayTed

Not a member of any windows forum, didn't even think about the mac angle but I am willing to bet there are quite a few like me who happen to have an iphone but have never owned a mac in their life.
    Regardless, it is pretty goofy to ask windows questions here, my bad.