sound notification on phone and watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ftlum, Jan 13, 2016.

1. ftlum macrumors regular

Hi All. It seems that for phone calls, you can get both the watch and the phone to play a sound/ ring tone, but for text messages, you only can get the watch to make a sound-- the phone stays quiet when the watch is active. Is there any way to also get the phone to ring? I tried changing the settings for mirroring the phone to custom, but that didn't work.

I'd like to be able to get both my phone and watch to make a sound. I've had occasions where I couldn't hear or feel my watch notify me for a text message (I was wearing a big coat while driving and couldn't hear/ feel it despite prominent haptic on full-strength).

thanks in advance!

2. rasputinj macrumors regular

I think you are correct, I was wondering why I did not hear my phone notification for texts

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I wanted the option to still have all the notification sounds on my phone while using my watch but Apple made the choice for me and it was NO!:(

4. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Ignore the text on the watch and the phone will eventually try to get your attention. Have the phone set to repeat an alert at least once, too.

When I'm driving and want to feel the haptics better (usually for directions; anything else gets ignored), I snug down my Sport strap by one hole. Otherwise, I might think that a tap is just caused by a bump in the road.