Sound on the hinge when opening the Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nalbagli, Jul 15, 2015.

1. nalbagli macrumors 6502

Yesterday my macbook started making a really little sound like a click the I open it or close it, it is not very noticeable but it is really annoying, I'm pretty disappointed with this issue as I love the computer but I hate this type of hardware issues, on my old 15' Inch retina Macbook Pro I had a similar issue and, many others experienced similar issues with that model

Has anyone else had this problem?

2. Macalway macrumors 68000

No, you will need it repaired or replaced. It's not right. Other will post no issues. (i'm pretty sure....hope)

3. nalbagli thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I already scheduled a genius appointment, problem is the sound is really barely noticeable I hope they offer me a solution

4. nalbagli thread starter macrumors 6502

I took it to the genius today and he could here the noise but he told me I could send it to be repaired but he didn't recommend this because the computer is new and they would have to open etc. Because of this I didn't send it, and the sound is really barely noticeable but it really disturbs me. I really don't know what to do with this issue

5. BoneHead001 macrumors 6502

Go to a different Apple Store and speak with a different genius. If you were within the 14 day return policy, it would be less of a problem.

6. hova macrumors member

I had this on my 13" rMBP but after a while it stopped.

7. seong macrumors 65816

seong

I have this problem as well. Makes a creaking sound when opening the device, at least once every time.
    Just visited a nearby Apple Store, and the person at the Genius Bar showed me a display MacBook that showed the same symptom (only one out of six) and told me its best to replace the display. I'm going to go with the repair since I have OCD with the product I buy from Apple.